As a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), you have many options when it comes to choosing where to work. But have you ever considered Oklahoma as your next career move?
Here are Five Reasons Why SLPs Should Consider Working in Oklahoma:
1. Growing demand for SLPs: The need for SLPs in Oklahoma is rising. The state is facing a shortage of SLPs in schools, hospitals, and other healthcare settings. This means that there are plenty of job opportunities available for SLPs in Oklahoma, with room for growth and advancement in your career.
2. Competitive salaries: SLPs in Oklahoma earn competitive salaries, with the average salary for SLPs in the state being about $78,000. This is on par with the national average for SLPs, making Oklahoma an attractive option for those looking to earn a good salary while working in the field.
3. A diverse population: Oklahoma is home to a diverse population, which allows SLPs to gain experience working with a wide range of patients. This is especially beneficial for those interested in treating patients from different cultural backgrounds or working with patients who have unique speech and language needs.
4. Variety of work settings: Oklahoma offers a range of work settings for SLPs, including schools, hospitals, private practices, and rehabilitation centers. This allows SLPs to choose the work environment that best suits their preferences and career goals.
5. Strong support for SLPs: The Oklahoma Speech-Language-Hearing Association (OSLHA) is a professional organization dedicated to promoting the interests of SLPs in Oklahoma. The association provides support, resources, and continuing education opportunities for SLPs in the state, helping to ensure that SLPs have the tools and resources they need to succeed.
Join Us at Sunny Days Sunshine Center in Lawton, OK
Lawton, OK, home to one of our Sunshine Centers, offers a low cost of living. The median home price is around $170,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $247,000, while the average monthly rent for a one-bedroom apartment is around $600.
Join us! You will make a difference in the lives of children and families, and you will have access to a variety of benefits and career advancement opportunities that make Lawton and Sunny Days Sunshine Center a great place to work and call home. Apply to one of our open positions today. We look forward to connecting with you!
Sunny Days is one of the nation's leading early intervention and autism services providers, serving children with developmental needs in New York, Oklahoma, California, New Jersey, Pennsylvania ,and Delaware. Founded in 1994, it currently has over 2,000 active practitioners. In the past two years, Sunny Days has provided well in excess of 1,000,000 individual sessions. Sunny Days was founded by two healthcare professionals — Joyce Salzberg, LCSW and Donna Maher, RN — whose passion for quality healthcare is core to its mission.